Super Feeder Csf-3 Automatic Cat Feeder – Full Review
How many times have you planned a week-long trip, only to realize that you had nobody around who could feed your cat? How often do you find yourself waking up at 5 a.m. because your cat is simply unable to contain its excitement about breakfast? The Super Feeder CSF-3 Automatic Cat Feeder is designed to put an end to dilemmas like these.
How the Super Feeder CSF-3 Works
This automatic cat feeder is shipped along with a chute and plastic bowl big enough to hold a serving of food. Two models are available for pet owners – analog and digital. The analog feeder is typically more affordable than its digital counterpart.
With a capacity of about 4-3/4 cups, this feeder releases a pre-determined amount of kibble at pre-determined points throughout the day. In fact, you can set up the Super Feeder to release kibbles up to 48 times in a 24-hour period.
After setting up the Super Feeder, your first goal is to show the machine how big the pieces of kibble are. This is an easy process that is followed by choosing the correct duration for the kibble to be dispensed.
In some cases, you might wish to turn on the feeder remotely. This is possible, but you will have to purchase a new timer that allows you this control. This means that you can easily control your cat’s feeding schedule from work or while you are on vacation.
The Benefits of Using the Super Feeder CSF-3
Plenty of benefits are associated with this automatic cat feeder. Here are few of the benefits expressed by customers who have actually utilized the product:
- If your Super Feeder breaks, parts are very easy and affordable to replace. Many of the parts can even be repaired easily.
- You can buy new bowls for use with your feeder, and they lock in with the same base. Additionally, the bowls that come with this model are incredibly easy for your pet to eat out of. Kibble does not appear to become stranded in one part of the bowl or another.
- A two-cup extension piece is available, giving you the ability to increase the capacity of your automatic cat feeder. This means that you can be gone much longer without worrying that your pet’s needs aren’t being met.
- This feeder is very easy to clean, and the bowl that it comes with also happens to be dishwasher-safe.
- Your cat will no longer wake you up at some ungodly hour asking for food. The automatic feeder will take care of everything.
- The feeder itself is solid. It is not likely to fall apart if your cat is getting feisty for more food.
Finally, using an automatic feeder is a great choice because it allows you to time the feeding of your cat, controlling weight and other factors. Your cat will be unable to gorge itself on food, but you can still ensure that there is enough to satisfy its appetite.
Why Not Use the Super Feeder?
Of course, there are also a few reasons why you might consider against using the Super Feeder CSF-3. One of the biggest reasons happens to be that minor assembly is a requirement of getting started (see video above). Here are a few other factors that might keep you away from this automatic cat feeder:
- Make sure that you make the right choice when it comes to the timer. One version of the Super Feeder CSF-3 offer a digital timer and one offers an analog version. Additionally, you can use any type of timer you want if you know how to hook it to the device.
- Many customers have claimed that assembling the CSF-3 can be a bit of a struggle. Fortunately, there is a video available on the Internet that show exactly how the installation works (see video above).
- Some shoppers have reported that the automatic cat feeder is pricey in comparison to others. It might be worth shopping around before making a final decision.
- Some cats (and their owners) might find the sound of the kibble dispensing to be unpleasant.
- If you have a cat that is sensitive to certain plastics, you may want to pass on the bowl. Use a stainless steel one instead.
Additionally, you should consider that you might need more equipment if you have more than one cat. In a case like this, purchasing the extender would be a good option.
Frequently Asked Questions about this Automatic Cat Feeder
“How big is the Super Feeder CSF-3?”
This particular cat feeder is a favorite among pet owners because of its compact size. It can easily fit under a small table, hidden from view if necessary.
“What kind of food will this automatic cat feeder dispense?”
The CSF-3 will work with most types of cat food. The kibble should be less than 5/8” in diameter, but smaller kibbles are recommended for accuracy. You should also know that the shape of the kibble matters. Rounded kibbles will be released more accurately than others.
“Will my cat be able to steal food between meals?”
Fortunately, it appears as if this automatic cat feeder’s chute is effective in keeping prying paws out of the canister. This means that there will not be any snacking for your kitty.
“How long will this feeder last?”
Some customers who purchased the product claimed that it has lasted more than five years. On the other hand, some have said that their cats tore up the Super Feeder CSF-3 in a matter of weeks. It is really a matter of how persistent and strong your cat happens to be.
“Does this automatic cat feeder work with batteries?”
No, unfortunately this feeder must be plugged in. This means that you might want to purchase an additional timer with a backup battery to prevent your pet’s feeding schedule from straying off track.
Buying the Super Feeder CSF-3
If you are trying to get your cat on a strict feeding regimen, this could be an excellent purchase. It has its ups and downs, but overall it appears to be a solid product that does exactly as it says.
This automatic feeder is available in a variety of online shops, but it appears most popular at Amazon.
- Automatic Cat Feeders
- Cat Climbing Trees, Condos, Towers and Gyms
- Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
- Heated Cat Beds, Pads and Mats
- Cat Water Fountains and Bowls
- Outdoor Cat Enclosures & Playpens
- Cat Scratchers & Scratching Posts
- Best Cat Carriers, Bags & Strollers
- Best Cat Hammocks & Pods
- Best Cat Flaps & Doors
- Feline Infectious Peritonitis: What Every Cat Owner needs to Know
- 4 Great Reasons to Microchip your Cat
- Aloof to Lap Cat in 15 Easy Steps
- Fleas and the Indoor Cat
- Don’t Let a Disaster Turn into a Cat-astrophe!
- Ear Mites and Itchy Ears in Cats
- Urine Marking: How to Get Rid of Smells
- 4 Sticky Situations that cause Constipation in Cats
- How to Play with Your Cat
- Why Does My Cat Cry at Night?